What type of work are you in and why did you choose that specific career path?
Some would call me a virtual assistant and although I work virtually, I’m not an assistant in the traditional sense. My previous 20 years Legal PA experience gave me the need for all things ordered but my creative and technically curious mind steered me towards what I do now and since moving to freelance it’s enabled me to go down the path I truly love…
I now put my creative skills to good use producing beautifully branded (easy to use) Word and Powerpoint templates to take the pain away from native MS office documents (and dreaded calibri!); (confession – I had to hold myself back from reformatting this questionnaire because it the formatting was off 😉 )
My tech skills focus solely on done for you Infusionsoft support which is my other love – especially when integrating it around online course platforms. I am a Business Mechanic as I help put the nuts n bolts together.
What problem does your business solve?
I simply create order in a business… I do this in a number of ways:
• My Microsoft templates ensure a business runs with a consistent branding throughout their documentation without any effort. Who wants to create a document from scratch every time!
• I bring forms and questionnaires into the 21st Century by converting them into fillable PDFs so your customers can complete them easily online; and
• Removing the pain of learning and running Infusionsoft with complete “done for you” support.
What is your No.1 business or personal goal for this year?
To practice what I preach and finally get my new website created! (and to achieve a true work/life balance) – Is it greedy to have 2?
What is working best in your business right now?
Actually word of mouth recommendations is the thing that has worked for me for a long time. Long may it continue.
How do you plan/schedule your day?
I run a tight to do list using ToDoIst in Outlook to manage the projects I have on at any one time, I time block in my calendar and most importantly to stay truly focused, I only check emails 3 times a day and social media first and last thing.
How do you tackle down days?
With difficulty. I love what I do and always find it hard to down tools. Hence my answer about business goals 😉 Seriously though, communication with clients so they know I’m not around and being strong-willed enough to stay away from the tech!
What are your top tips for working with your team?
I don’t have a team right now but top tips to working with me are:
• Be authentic
• Communicate the full picture – it’s hard to support businesses when you don’t own all the facts
• Respect boundaries (mine and yours)
• Leave the tech to me 😉
Besides money, what are your favourite ways to reward or compensate people?
• Recommending leads to their business
• Little inspirational gifts in the post
• A glass or two of vino if we’re lucky enough to be geographically close enough!
How would you treat/reward yourself for a job done good or a goal being achieved?
I don’t… but I should. Perhaps 2018 is the year to start!
If you could offer a first-time business start-up only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Don’t be afraid to take risks, and be prepared to grow and evolve
What are 3 words that describe you?
If you could choose 1 word for 2018, that would inspire you and remind you to stay focused on your goal(s), what would it be?
It’s impossible to choose just one so it’s got to be a quote “Just Do It”
What is one of your favourite quotes?
You never lose, you either win or learn.
Spill the beans, what are 3 of your favourite stationery items?
1. Sparkly pens
2. Good old fashioned notebook
3. Post it notes